Thursday 9 July 2015

Rear LED Lights

With the old clear Perei lights I had a couple of occasions that the driver behind couldn't see me braking. This is something that I have been thinking about for a while and thinking of an LED upgrade.

I managed to find some LED rear lights that fit the existing back boxes. Ideally I would have liked them to be clear but I couldn't find any, that were the same size. 

I swapped the lights and fitted a new electronic flasher relay, I'm really quite pleased with the results, the lights are now a lot brighter. 



6 comments:

  1. Eddie. Where did you acquire these lights from?? I've looked all over :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you go Chris :http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-LED-Rear-Light-lamps-Black-Single-Pods-Kit-Car-Caterham-DAX-Westfield-Locost-/390941620338?hash=item5b05efb872:m:mMKK9coBVGA-CA8mMufz6Tg

      Bought the mounting boxes from Europa as I preferred them over the ones that came with them.

      Delete
  2. Eddie, trying to do the same thing but having issues getting a tail lamp, what rating resistors/load balancer did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought a new set of full LED lights from eBay and then swapped out the flasher relay for a low load one designed for Led Lights. It is a 12V and up to 30W, flashing is fine. Bought it from Europa spares

      Delete
  3. whoah this blog is magnificent i scr888
    like reading your posts. Keep up the great work! You realize, a lot of people are hunting around for this info, you could help them greatly.

    ReplyDelete