Saturday 12 April 2014

Hayabusa High Output Stator & Regulator

Ordered a high output stator rebuild and rectifier / regulator from Rick's Motorsport Electrics in the US, also ordered a cable repair kit to replace the melted connector on my loom. This solution should provide a high enough output to correctly support the engine in the car application with twin pumps etc. I went with this option as the alternator setup was far more expensive.

The Rectifier-Regulator is designed with Mosfet Technology which makes the regulator run a lot cooler, it also has a higher output than standard and runs up to 40 amps.

I also sent my stator core back for rebuild and rewind. The stator has now been upgraded to provide an output of 500 watts compared to the standard 400 watts. The coil has been fully re wired and all connectors replaced.

I have fitted the regulator and also replaced the damaged connectors in the loom, will install the stator when I change the oil next and remove the dry sump tank.






No comments:

Post a Comment