Thursday 21 March 2013

Battery Positioning

After looking at various options on positioning the battery the choices seemed to be: in the passenger footwell, above the rear diff, in the engine bay, under the scuttle or mounted on the scuttle panel.

As I didn't want to reduce the passenger footwell space any more or to mount the battery above the diff as it is too close to he fuel tank and unfortunately there was no room in the scuttle area I ended up choosing the engine bay area on the off side chassis rail.

I made a template, then riveted and tiger sealed the plate in to place. Then I bolted the battery bracket in to place using m6 fixings.

As there was space I also fixed the regulator in the same area, as the regulator needs to be mounted on metal to help dissipate heat and carbon fibre is not ideal for this. Will tidy cables later.





No comments:

Post a Comment