Wednesday 13 March 2013

Fuel System #1

Had an aluminium plate made up with fixings for the fuel pump and filter. The plate is to be mounted on the rear chassis just above the tank. I shaped the top of the plate to match the contours of the chassis. Gave the aluminium a quick polish and trial fitted.

As I want to leave my options open for the future and with the possibility of Supercharging the engine I wanted to ensure hat the fuel system is capable to accommodate the mods. So I decided to fit the standard MNR pump in the recommended position on the bottom chassis rail near he near side drive shaft and to use this pump as a lifter for a Bosch 044 Motorsport pump, then put in line an in line filter and connected up with AN -6 fittings.

In the engine bay I have a Turbosmart FPR 800 Fuel Regulator fitted in the return, the regulator is fed by a SBD high flow fuel rail fitted to the standard throttle bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment