Sunday 2 February 2014

DIY Powder Coating #3

Powder coated the remaining parts, followed the same process for coating with the powder and made sure that the parts were in the oven at 180 deg C for 10 minutes as soon as the coating turned glossy and smooth.

I coated both of my cam covers, first I masked off the underside and then sprayed with the powder. I then placed the cam cover directly on to the shelf and in to the oven. When they glossed over I left them in for a further 10 minutes. The great news is that they did not warp with this method.

While I was on a roll, I decided to try to powder coat the centre sleeve on the stater motor. This worked really well and again, great results.

Finally I wanted to see if I could heat and cure powder coat with a heat gun, I poured some powder on to a piece of aluminium and then heated with the heat gun. After a few minutes the powder melted with reasonable results. This method will be good on small areas on larger items that won't fit the oven or parts that need coating that can't easily be removed.


























1 comment:


  1. I have read so many posts on scr888
    the topic of the blogger lovers however this paragraph is genuinely a good article, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete