Saturday 22 February 2014

Schroth Harnesses #1

Decided to get a pair of Schroth harnesses. The spec I was looking for was 3 inch shoulder and 2 inch lap belts with bolted fixings and a lap belt with a tightening strap that pulls downwards. I also wanted the option of being able to add a 5th anti sub strap in the future.

The Schroth harnesses have a feature of additional belt material being sewn in to the shoulder harness to provide an anti sub protection so a 5th strap is not always necessary.

The first I looked at was the Caterham II 4pt ASM, this looked fine but the lap adjustment is the pull up type and I would not be able to get my hand down the side of the seat to adjust.


The next I looked at was the Westfield II 4pt ASM, which has the right lap belt but unfortunately the snap hook fixing on type shoulder straps that fit eye bolt fixings. I am not keen on this type as they rattle and also are too easy to remove.


I then called MSAR who are the Schroth UK main agent to discuss options. They recommended the Profi II 4pt ASM flexi belt. This belt can be changed quite easily and has options for pull up and pull down. I also have the option to change the fittings from snap hook to the bolt in type fixings.


I ordered the Profi II 4pt ASM flexi belt in black, MSAR also threw in a set of bolt in fixings. Must say that they were helpful and took the time to discuss options with me. www.msar.co.uk 



No comments:

Post a Comment