Saturday 8 February 2014

RPE Engine Refresh #17

A friend dropped by this afternoon to give me a hand to fit the engine back in to the chassis. We lifted the engine in to place and secured it with the engine mounting bolts.

Since I was not happy with the original M12 threaded bar I sourced alternate mounts at the front of the engine, I managed to eventually find some M12 high tensile bolts to fit from link and fitted just fine. As they were galvanised I powder coated them black for a better finish.

I re fitted the dry sump catch tank, when I removed it previously I had noticed that there were oil deposits in the tunnel. On the bottom of the tank I fitted a silicone pipe from the flange, clipped the pipe to the chassis and then cut a hole through the floor to allow the oil to escape.

Fitted the top half of the dry sump tank and baffle, must say that I am happy with the polishing and the tanks look great.












No comments:

Post a Comment