Monday 17 February 2014

RPE Engine Refresh #20

Ran the car last night and the engine sounded like a bag of spanners. Being a little perplexed, I gave Karl at Extreme Engines a ring today and he was kind enough to give me some pointers, after a quick chat we found out that I had set the idle too low at 1100 rpm. 

First job today was to seal the exhaust with high temp exhaust sealant.

Next I adjusted the idle screw and set the idle to 1200 rpm to 1300 rpm. I turned up the speed until the engine stopped hunting. The engine now starts and ticks over fine.

The induction noise from the foam filter is quite loud, will see how this goes on the road and track. Interestingly on the video near the end an alarm came up with low fuel pressure at 2.9 Bar and then cleared as it returned to over 3 Bar. I need to look at monitoring the fuel pressure to understand how this fluctuates as the engine loads up and may need to adjust the alarm settings at a later date.




No comments:

Post a Comment