Saturday 22 February 2014

Rear Diffuser

Fitted the rear diffuser, I wanted to fit the diffuser in a similar to the way Chris with the grey MNR, he fitted his with a small overlap at the rear and bolted at the sides.

Fist job was to position the diffuser, I did this with a jack to hold it loosely in place. I then used the Dremmel to shape the sides near the rear arches, I then marked the bottom edge and shortened the diffuser by a couple of inches to allow the edge to slide under the bottom lip of the floor panel. I left the sides in place so that I could use them for the front fixings at the front edge of the wheel arch.

I then fitted a piece of mesh to the centre section and tiger sealed it in place. I next used tiger seal again to fix the edge strip in to place. I left the diffuser over night to dry.

I fixed the diffuser in to place with the front lip and then taping the rear in place. I then drilled and fixed in place with 3 points on either side with M8 repair washers, nylocks and large head hex bolts. The centre section needed some support, so in the section either side of the centre tunnel l used a 2mm drill to make a hole through the diffuser and in to the bottom lip of the body tub. I then used two small self tapping screws to take the weight of the centre section of the diffuser and to pull it tight to the bottom edge.















No comments:

Post a Comment