Sunday 9 February 2014

Tillett Seats #1

I've had a pair Tillett B6F XL seats for a while now and today decided to fit them. I only had time to fit the drivers seat and will do the other later.

I first fitted the TR1 Tillett slider to the bottom and made up some 25mm aluminium spacers to gap the slider correctly. I then bolted in place with M8 high tensile bolts.

I then trial fitted the seat in to the car and marked the location of the front holes on the runners, I made sure that the holes lined up with the chassis rails which will provide the correct support. I noticed that the floor was starting to bend where my previous seats were mounted, I'll bolt and washer the holes later. Guess the best solution is to use the chassis rails provided to mount the seats.

I drilled the 8mm holes through the rail and the floor. I then used the slider to mark the hole for the rear hole and drilled again. I mounted the seats and sliders on 10mm spacers so that the seat bottom did not catch on the diagonal cross member. Again I used M8 high tensile bolts to fix in to place. I had to trim the body tub in places to stop the seat fouling on the bodywork.

Just need to get some 3 inch harnesses now.










No comments:

Post a Comment